Warm greetings from NAAAP to you and your family! 2016 has been a remarkable year for NAAAP as well as much of the Asian community. A record number of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders were elected to serve in the U.S. House and Senate and in state and local posts, AAPIs are represented in greater numbers in entertainment, Olympic sports, and academia just to skim the surface. In our organization, NAAAP:
- Welcomed two new chapters, San Jose and Detroit
- Started half a dozen new collegiate chapters
- Supported three regional leadership conferences and two galas, and
- Continued to deliver excellence through national events including
- ERG Symposium in Denver (Feb. 19)
- National Leadership Academy in Denver (Feb. 20-21)
- ERG Summit in Las Vegas (Aug. 11)
- The White House Town Hall in partnership with APIA Vote and AAJA and many others (Aug. 12)
- The Convention and Recruitment Expo in Las Vegas presented by Macy’s (Aug. 12-13)
- NAAAP100 Honors Gala (Aug. 13)
We could not have done all of this without the support of our sponsors and partners AND the truly amazing commitment of hundreds of volunteers on our Board, in our Chapters, National Administration, and Convention Planning Team.
This holiday season, I am truly blessed to have been selected as Interim Executive Director to be able to work on programs and organizational efficiencies full-time. NAAAP volunteers have never lacked the ability, knowledge, or passion, only the bandwidth to make our organization great. I look forward to working with you, my mentors and friends, in 2017. Please do not hesitate to share with me your thoughts, observations, or wish list directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interim Executive Director