NAAAP Dallas-Ft Worth held its second Awards Gala on Fri Nov 1, 2013 at the Magnolia Hotel. The annual gala celebrates outstanding local Asian American individuals in their areas of profession. This year, five “Leaders of Excellence” were named at the gala:
- Daniel Eng, owner of Engvest
- Robby Chang of UT-Dallas
- Anh Vo, owner of Cindi’s Deli
- Tanya Pinto, founder of Baal Dan Charities
- Tobias Lee, chief marketing officer of the Tax & Accounting unit at Thomson Reuters
Scholarship presentation was also made to two high-achieving students:
- Kim Hong, Townview Magnet in Dallas
- Diwash Adhikari, Conrad High School
The entertainment portion of the gala featured a talent competition, won by piano-and-vocal pair Josh Rillo and Mito Are, students at UT-Dallas. The esteemed emcees of the evening were Sam Liu and Ellen Lee.
We congratulate NAAAP-DFW and the gala planning committee for a successful event, and we salute all award winners for their accomplishments.