At NAAAP, we believe in the power of community, connection, and collaboration – among individuals and with great organizations. We’re delighted to support, amplify and help shape their work, and unite with them to build leaders and stronger AAPI communities.
July 2020: NAAAP is pleased to announce a partnership with AARP to empower Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders ages 50 and older in living their best lives. Focus groups and webinars coming soon.
About AARP – AARP is the nation’s largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence and nearly 38 million members, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation’s largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin. To learn more, visit www.aarp.org or follow @AARP and @AARPadvocates on social media.
April 2020: NAAAP and APIA Scholars formed a SMART mentors partnership, with a goal of attracting 150 NAAAP members to serve as virtual mentors for six months.
APIA Scholars, formerly the Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund (APIA Scholars), is the nation’s largest 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides college scholarships to Asian and Pacific Islander Americans with financial need. Our mission is to make a difference in the lives of APIA students by providing them with resources that increase their access to higher education which serves as the foundation for their future success and contributions to a stronger America.
APIAVote encourages active participation amongst all individuals committed to amplifying AAPI voices and encouraging political participation in the AAPI community. APIAVote provides a wealth of multi-lingual resources for Census 2020 and as well as voter registration.
Congressional APA Caucus
Founded in 1994, the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus (CAPAC) is comprised of Members of Congress of Asian and Pacific Islander descent and members who have a strong dedication to promoting the well-being of the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community. The CAPAC is currently headed by Congresswoman Judy Chu (Ca.-27)
National Asian American Chamber of Commerce and Entrepreneurship
The National Asian Chamber of Commerce and Entrepreneurship works to:
- bring together the community by organizing, convening and cultivating relationships with AAPI Chambers of Commerce and business associations throughout the country;
- foster AAPI executives and entrepreneurs by creating opportunities for their inclusion in economic opportunities and highlighting their accomplishments through awards and recognitions;
- enhance the economic capabilities of the businesses by educating the community, extending contracting opportunities, and helping with access to capital; and,
- improve the business environment by representing the voice of the AAPI business community in the nation’s capital at meetings with government leaders and representatives.
National Council of APAs
The National Council of Asian Pacific Americans (NCAPA), founded in 1996, is a coalition of more than 30 national Asian Pacific American organizations around the country. Based in Washington D.C., NCAPA serves to represent the interests of the greater Asian American (AA) and Native Hawaiian Pacific Islander (NHPI) communities and to provide a national voice for AA and NHPI issues.
NCAPA’s mission is to strive for equity and justice by organizing our diverse strengths to influence policy and shape public narratives.
Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers
SASE is the go-to organization for talent and leadership development in science, engineering & technology. SASE staff, sponsors, and student leaders:
- Prepare Asian heritage scientists and engineers for success in the global business world,
- Celebrate diversity on campuses and in the workplace,
- Provide opportunities for members to make contributions to their local communities, and,
- Organize a conference and career fair for college and university students focused on STEM internship and job opportunities.