The Home Depot is sponsoring four students of Asian and/or Pacific Islander heritage to attend the 2016 NAAAP National Convention, ERG Summit & Recruitment Expo, August 11-13, 2016 at Caesars Palace Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada.
The selected students will receive an All-Inclusive Convention Registration plus a 3-night hotel stay at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada (based on same-gender double occupancy), plus reasonable ground, rail, or air travel from winner’s location to Las Vegas. More information about the convention located at: www.naaapconvention.org.
Program Rules and Procedures
- Applicants for this student scholarship must be enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate or graduate institution in the U.S. or Canada at the time of application and award. Please be advised that this scholarship is for currently enrolled college/university students who have completed at least one semester. Applicants must be able to attend the convention in Las Vegas, NV, and must be able to be physically present at the convention in its entirety on August 12 & 13. Note that this scholarship pays for full convention access, which includes three meal events for the days of the convention, access to the U.S. Presidential Town Hall that is being currently planned, plus hotel stay at the convention hotel for three nights at the Caesars Palace Las Vegas (based on same-gender double occupancy), plus reasonable ground, rail, or air travel from winner’s location to Las Vegas.
- Deadline for submission/application: Friday, July 8, 2016 midnight, 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Daylight Time.
- Who is eligible? Students of Asian and/or Pacific Islander heritage who are enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate or graduate institution in the U.S. or Canada at the time of application.
To submit your interest, please send an email to email@example.com containing the following information:
- Full name
- City, State and Country where you are currently located
- Contact information: email and phone
- Name of college or university that you are enrolled as a full-time student. Attach evidence of this enrollment (e.g. class enrollment confirmation, or an enrollment statement from the University Registrar, or any official college or university document that shows that you are currently enrolled)
- The major you have declared (if any)
- Anticipated graduation month/year.
- State your Asian and/or Pacific Islander heritage
- Confirm that if selected, you can attend the NAAAP National Convention in Las Vegas on August 12th and 13th (in your email, simply state a “YES” next to this statement)
- Confirm that if selected and notified by NAAAP, you can and will respond within 48 hours to indicate if you will accept this scholarship, and will purchase your travel in advance (in your email, simply state a “YES” beside this statement). NAAAP will reimburse the student upon arrival at the convention.
- Write and submit (or include in the body of the e-mail) a brief essay (max 300 words) in response to this question: What have you done to LEAD with COURAGE?
- When the selected students are notified (soon after July 8, 2016) the student must respond within 48 hours to acknowledge their acceptance of the scholarship. Otherwise, the scholarship may be reassigned to another student who can attend.
E-mail your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 8, 2016 midnight (11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Daylight Time). Selected students will be notified no later than July 15th.
To learn more about careers at The Home Depot, visit: http://careers.homedepot.com