NAAAP Toronto 2018 Year in Review Highlights
- Annual Chapter Team Brunch
- ERG Leadership Council Round Table hosted by Shopify | Building better teams with Inclusive Workplace Competencies
- NAAAP Toronto recognized as 2018 NAAAP City Chapter of the Year at the NAAAP Leadership Academy “InnovASIAN: Leading with Initiative & Imagination” (San Jose CA). Toronto now has a combined six NAAAP City Chapter of the year Awards and 20 total NAAAP Chapter Excellence Awards.
- A Leadership Symposium featuring “Spotlight on Screw-ups”, an evening of authetnic convesations about embracing failure and overcoming personal limitations. More than 40 attendees.
- Mastermind Graduating Class of 2018 (read below for more)
- Asian Heritage Month, NAAAP Toronto hosted a live evening performance of “A Taste of Empire” culinary exploration of global food domination, Asian history, and Filipino cooking demonstration.
- ERG Leadership Council Round Table hosted by eBay Canada | Panel feature, “Cultural Perspectives on Career Advancement”
- 9th Annual Waterfront Night Market Exciting new location at Ontario Place
- Build Your Team with Cross Border Talent Workshop (with Neurose)
- ERG Leadership Council Round Table hosted by Home Depot Canada, “Best Practices: Collaborating with Community Organizations”
- Mastermind Program Fall 2018 to Spring 2019 Intake Session Launch
- Special Presentation Screening in partnership with the Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival
** MasterMind Program **
Elevating the mentorship experience, the Mastermind Program successfully graduated its 2nd Intake Class (April 2018) started its 3rd year eight-month intake (October 2018-May 2019). Through a diligent screening process, NAAAP member participants are matched in a group to share challenges, create and implement goals, brainstorm ideas to achieve life and career aspirations. With 6-8 pre-qualified participants in each peer-to-peer support group, this intensive leadership program also nurtures lifelong.
LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS & RESOURCES
- + ERG Leadership Council: fostering career advancement, diversity & inclusion in the workplace
- + Mastermind Program: an elevated peer to peer mentorship experience
- + Women in NAAAP: Empowering women leadership
- + Successful Parents in NAAAP: Providing resources in support of positive parenting
- + Leadership Symposium Event Series
- + Royal Ontario Museum
- + Reel Asian International Film Festival
- + PINs Professional Immigrant Network
- + Diversity onBoard
- + Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- + Hispanic Business Association
- + ParentConnect.ca
- + Federation of Transoceanic Chinese Canadian Association
Thanks to our sponsors!
Growing to 13 Corporate members and community partners (which include Samsung, Estee Lauder, Pepsico, Torys, Capital One, Home Depot, Nielsen, BMO Financial Group, TRIEC, WBE Canada, DiversityCan Magazine, Canadian Aboriginal & Minority Supplier Council), the NAAAPTO ERG Leadership Council welcomed American Express Canada as its newest member in May 2018. At quarterly round table sessions, over 50 corporate diversity and inclusion leaders regularly attend to share best practices and plug-in to meaningful topics to maximize business and inclusion outcomes.
Toronto Night Market
Closing the year in collaboration with a long standing 11th year community partnership, the Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival , NAAAP Toronto hosted a Canadian Premier film screening of “Tomorrow is Another Day” – a compelling snapshot of everyday life for the working class in Hong Kong as well as raising awareness for families with autistic children. The evening concluded with a highly interactive and informative talk back session with one of the starring actors in the film.