2019 Atlanta Chapter Accomplishments
Chopstix for Charity
- Chopstix for Charity – NAAAP Atlanta hosted its 22nd annual Chopstix for Charity gala with more than 200 attendees at the Delta Flight Museum in Atlanta; generated more than $30,000 in corporate sponsorships for the event. See Facebook photo album and recap video. With a philanthropic history spanning over two decades, NAAAP Atlanta has partnered with the Atlanta community to provide over $600,000 in grants to numerous local non-profit organizations across the metro Atlanta area, empowering projects and initiatives that directly transform and drive positive change within the Asian and Pacific Islander community.
- Atlanta Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival – Atlanta chapter members competed in the annual Atlanta Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival, Georgia’s largest Hong Kong cultural event of the year with hundreds of spectators and dozens of teams competing.
- Corporate Sponsorships – NAAAP Atlanta formed a number of strategic partnerships and was sponsored by many major corporations in Atlanta this year, including Coca-Cola, Siemens, Bank of America, SunTrust, Home Depot, Cox Enterprises, State Farm, and Southern Company.
- Chapter president Allen Chen (President) was named one of the 25 Most Influential Asian Americans in Georgia by Georgia Asian Times, 1 of 25 individuals who made a tremendous impact in arts, business, government, politics, social work, education, healthcare, and areas that influence every aspect of Georgia’s daily life.
- Organized 25 Events in 2019 – including Network & Nourish (N3) networking happy hours, professional development events, a wildly successful holiday party, membership month in May (for APAHM), and volunteering events:
- Holiday Party – fully sold out holiday party in December to celebrate our members and a year of incredible success, with 50+ registrations
- May Membership Month – membership drive in the month of May for APAHM; gained over 20 new memberships/renewals during this month and launched a theme of “Purpose” for our chapter for 2019
- CPACS Together Empowering Asian Americans Walk – NAAAP Atlanta sponsored and participated in the 15th annual 2-mile empowerment walk on Buford Highway in Atlanta, organized by the Center for Pan Asian Community Services (CPACS)
- Business of Diversity – professional development with 40+ attendees we held in April, with a focus on diversity & inclusion inviting D&I speakers from three banks (SunTrust, Bank of America, Wells Fargo)