Happy holidays to all the members, leaders, and sponsors of NAAAP.
2020 has been filled with health, economic, and social challenges: the Covid-19 pandemic, widespread quarantine, businesses closures, anti-Asian Pacific Islander harassment, systemic racism, and conducting the Census and elections while social distancing. We shifted to a new norm and helped out one another with shared resources, social check-ins, and donations of meals, masks, and money.
During this holiday season, let’s reflect on the positive aspects of 2020:
- We are thankful for healthcare providers and first responders who worked tirelessly to take care of millions.
- We appreciate educators who pivoted to teach and reach our youth.
- We are thankful for organizations that examined biases, protocols, and systems, in an effort to become anti-racist.
- We have been rewarded by new ways to treat, test, and combat COVID.
- We are in awe of how well NAAAP volunteers adjusted to virtual means of connecting and empowering API leaders.
- We are thankful for the many API organizations, sponsors, and vendors, who have partnered with us in our mission of building leaders and promoting DEI.
We are honored by your commitment to the NAAAP organization and look forward to a continued partnership with you in 2021.
National Association of Asian American Professionals