(posted March 12, 2020)
Hello NAAAP Leaders
Yesterday, the World Health Organization announced that COVID-19 is now a pandemic. As COVID-19 continues to spread throughout the communities we work and serve in, we want to take a few moments to share resources we can leverage.
We believe that each individual is best equipped to assess their own risks, taking into consideration national guidelines, information from local health departments, and their personal health status. We encourage everyone to get up-to-date information from reputable sources such as the WHO or the CDC. We support equal and fair treatment of people in the workplace and the community, and we condemn racism, xenophobia, and misinformation surrounding COVID-19.
NAAAP’s national services will not be affected and we will continue to support chapters as needed. We are incredibly fortunate that NAAAP’s work can, for the most part, be done virtually. If and when public programs become virtual, let us promote them to a broader audience and for greater impact.
The safety and well-being of our teams and our shared community are of utmost importance to all of us here at NAAAP. For that reason, we will be practicing social distancing to do our part in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
As you consider whether social distancing is possible for you and your chapter, we have compiled a list of resources to help. Below, you will find links for more information on COVID-19 and working remotely.
Stay Connected and Up to Date
We are committed to keeping our social media channels up-to-date on any changes to our services, programs and so on. We will continue to monitor the spread of the virus in our communities and will send another update before June 1, 2020. If you have specific concerns, please contact us.
Interim President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Executive Director (email@example.com)
Resources for NAAAP leaders:
- NAAAP’s G-suite accounts enable online meetings via Google Hangouts.
- NAAAP has Zoom licenses for recorded sessions. To request use, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Cisco’s response to COVID-19 is to offer free Webex accounts for 90 days.
- Facebook Live is a good way to record and broadcast speakers who can take questions virtually.
- Podcasting (storytelling, interviews, etc.) is available with online editing features through Soundtrap which provides a free trial. NAAAP Pride uses Libsyn for PrideTalk podcasts.
Work From Home Resources
- The Best Advice For Remote Work Success From 10 Global Teams [Free Guide] – Trello
- 8 strategies to set up remote work during the coronavirus outbreak – Fast Company
- The Vox Guide to COVID-19 Coronavirus – Vox
- Coronavirus is past containment, but America can limit epidemic: Q&A with former FDA chief – USA Today
- #FlattenTheCurve – www.flattenthecurve.com
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Public Health Agency of Canada
- A Huge Mistake Nonprofits Make in Preparing for COVID-19 – NonprofitPRO
- A few things for nonprofits and foundations to consider in light of the Coronavirus – Nonprofit AF
- Cancel Everything – Social distancing is the only way to stop the coronavirus. We must start immediately. – The Atlantic