The Home Depot is sponsoring four students of Asian and/or Pacific Islander heritage to attend the 2015 NAAAP National Convention, ERG Summit & Recruitment Expo, Aug. 6-8, 2015 at the Hilton Anatole Hotel, Dallas, Texas.
The selected students will receive an All-Inclusive Convention Registration plus a 3-night hotel stay at the Hilton Anatole Dallas (based on same-gender double occupancy). More information about the convention located at: www.naaapconvention.org.
Program Rules and Procedures
Applicants for this student scholarship must be enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate or graduate institution in the U.S. or Canada at the time of application and award. Please be advised that this scholarship is for currently enrolled college/university students who have completed at least one semester. Applicants must be able to attend the convention in Dallas, Texas, and must be able to be physically present at the convention in its entirety on August 7th and 8th. Note that this scholarship pays for full convention access, which includes meals for the days of the convention, plus hotel stay at the convention hotel (based on same-gender double occupancy). The student is responsible for the cost of travel to the convention.
Deadline for submission/application: Sunday, July 19th, 2015 midnight, 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time
Who is eligible? Students of Asian and/or Pacific Islander heritage who are enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate or graduate institution in the U.S. or Canada at the time of application and award.
To submit your interest, please send an email to email@example.com containing the following information:
- Full name
- City, State and Country you are currently located in
- Contact information: email and phone
- Name of college or university that you are enrolled as a full-time student. Attach evidence of this enrollment (e.g. class enrollment confirmation, or an enrollment statement from the University Registrar, or any official college or university document that shows that you are currently enrolled)
- The major you have declared (if any)
- Anticipated graduation month/year.
- State your Asian and/or Pacific Islander heritage
- Confirm that if selected, you can attend the NAAAP National Convention in Dallas on August 7th and 8th (in your email, simply state a “YES” beside this statement)
- Confirm that if selected and notified by NAAAP, you can and will respond within 48 hours to indicate if you will accept this scholarship, and also provide evidence of your travel arrangements to attend the convention (in your email, simply state a “YES” beside this statement)
- Write and submit (or include in the body of the e-mail) a brief essay (max 300 words) in response to this question: What have you done to demonstrate that you are BOLD, a DREAMER, an INNOVATOR and a PROBLEM SOLVER? Note that The Home Depot website www.careers.homedepot.com/next speaks to these as qualities they are seeking in employment candidates.
When the selected students are notified (on or before July 22, 2015) the student must respond within 48 hours to acknowledge their acceptance of the scholarship, and provide evidence that travel arrangements have been made to attend the convention. Otherwise, the scholarship may be reassigned to another student who can attend.
E-mail your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 19th, 2015 midnight (12:00 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time). Selected students will be notified no later than July 22nd.